If I could sum my experience in a sentence, I'll say that, "the sky is not the limit neither is it the starting point, it is just the place for exercising." This came my way in my preparation for the bigger hopes and dreams ahead.
I finally graduated with my associates degree from Bronx Community College. Next thing is to get my Bachelor's degree at New York University. I am beyond excited but a little bit over it because everything is back to the normal schedule since the Monday after graduation.
Every moment that I spent at Bronx Community College was remarkable and I thank God and everyone who contributed to my outcome. If I could sum my experience in a sentence, I'll say that, "the sky is not the limit neither is it the starting point, it is just the place for exercising." This came my way in my preparation for the bigger hopes and dreams ahead.
My suggestions to the current BCC students are:
1. Eat well: If you work really hard, you need it and deserve it.
2. Don't pay for it if you can get it free: Get information, there are lots of opportunities for community college students.
3. Sleep well and dream well: If you place your schedule and priorities right, there is always enough time to sleep. Don't sleep too much that you will forget to act on your dreams.
4. Community service: Give to your community what you wish they have and always ask if you can help with tasks and positions. It is good for your resume, it helps to build leadership skills and it gives you something to talk about.
5. Play: Take psychology classes with Rafael Mendez, he will teach you how to do this. Although adulthood is about responsibilities, you are not completely grown if you don't know how to play through this realm of seriousness that we are forced to be in.
6. Go for therapy: Simple! It will keep you sane in the midst of college insanity.
Plus, when you win at the end and get all the medals or not, you are not only doing it for yourself. You are doing it for the people who supported you and the people who see you as a role model.
Connect with me on:
© Oyindamola Shoola 2019